Chronic back pain can affect you physically and emotionally. The physical pain can be debilitating and hard to deal with. It may cause a person to withdraw from some normal life experiences because they pain makes them miserable. Some of the emotional effects that chronic pain can cause include anger, fatigue, sleeplessness, depression and anxiety.
The good news is there are ways that you can manage chronic back pain that will give you the relief you need to live your life to the fullest. The chiropractor needs to be fully informed of your complete medical history including current medications, previous surgeries, and ongoing medical conditions.
One great way to get your chronic back pain under control is to seek the treatment of a chiropractor. Chiropractors are able to manipulate your spin and provide alternative treatments. By aligning your body’s musculoskeletal structure, the body can often heal itself without the use of medications or surgery. The process restores joint mobility that is restricted by the tissues that were formed by an injury. Injuries are caused by traumatic events including repetitive stress, sitting without back support, car accidents or falling.
All of these issues can cause chronic back pain problems. The pain relief that chiropractors can relieve is primarily for muscles, bones, joints and connective tissue including tendons, cartilage and ligaments. People often see chiropractors in conjunction with conventional treatment.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for People Suffering with Chronic Pain
• Chiropractic care is safe and effective for chronic back pain.
• It is a way to naturally relief chronic back pain so patients do not have to deal with the side effects and possible addition problems that pain medications cause.
• In a one month period, patients that suffered from chronic back pain showed grater improvement and satisfaction than those patients treated by their physicians. — Korthals-de Bos et al (2003), British Medical Journal
• Chronic pain suffers experience better patient satisfaction. – Haas et al (2005), Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
• When the chiropractor has a complete medical history, all chiropractic treatment is based on an accurate diagnosis of your chronic back pain.
• The relief from chronic back pain using chiropractic care has physical and emotional benefits. The emotional symptoms will be lessened or go away entirely including anger, fatigue, sleeplessness, depression and anxiety. This will allow chronic back pain suffers to enjoy normal activities.